Friday, February 10, 2012

The End of a Very Long Week

It's been a long week. Secondborn has been fighting off RSV, which has kept the Beautiful Woman and myself busy monitoring him to make sure that his temperature doesn't spike to dangerous levels, and that his respiratory system doesn't close up and make it hard for him to breathe. We've been taking this in shifts - 'cause we're complementarian like that - but we've still been running on 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Which is just not as easy as it was when I was eighteen.

Secondborn is, however, finally shaking this stuff off. So last night I finally got a full night's sleep. About nine hours, in fact. And naturally, I woke up feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. Like:
::grooooooaaaaaaaan:::
Wassa'? Whi-? Wudda... 'Larm clock? Already? Issa... can... wobble... Right. Right, I'm awake. I'm... zzzzzzzz Uh-wha? Oh, right. Out of bed, into the shower, wake the boy, get moving. Out, shower, boy, moving. Right. Moving. Istargelblarg...
I don't usually drink caffeinated sodas, but this morning was an exception: I didn't think I was going to make it out the door without something. So I poured some Coke down my throat while I was showering, and then I was all like:
(Continued below the cut)


I swear, it was just like that. Except less grey. And not so many statues.

So I'm moving, and I got the boy to school and myself to work. There's even a reasonable chance that the house won't sound like a plague ward anymore. At least, not for a little while. Of course, sooner or later the caffeine is going to wear off, doubtless taking my will to live along with it, but for the moment I'm awake and getting things done. Huzzah!

5 comments:

  1. Also, I haven't shaved in about three days, and I keep putting off trimming my hair. As a result, my head looks like a particularly ill-considered bit of shrubbery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it from a degenerate caffeine addict: Mountain Dew Livewire is the preferred breakfast beverage. Voltage or Whiteout will do in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the memories. I haven't had Mountain Dew (in any form, including Captain Dew) in years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Captain Dew. I learned how to drink on something I called the Incredible Hulk, which was Jameson's shots chased by regular Dew. Unwise to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tequila slammers were very nearly my undoing. Half tequila, half Sprite, mixed in a shot glass. Put your hand over the top, slam it down on the table, and quaff it while it's still fizzing.

    What? No. I didn't fall down. The table tripped me.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!