Thursday, March 11, 2021

My Week

 So, what kind of week am I having while the boys are on Spring Break and I'm desperately trying to catch up on a half-dozen Big Important Things at work?

Wellllll... This evening (well, by the time this posts, yesterday evening) I was poking around on Amazon and saw a suggestion for a book. Humorous fantasy, looked like fun. Author's name looked familiar, but I couldn't place it. Was it one of the one with problematic behaviors that I shouldn't support? Or was it...?

Y'all, it's the author of the book that I'm currently reading. I just spaced it. 

In my defense, I spent most of the day trying to get a couple of hours to do the reading on One Big Thing so I could see what we need to do next on a major system upgrade... and failing. Instead, I dealt with a hacked website and another bit of troubleshooting on an issue from last week. Between the two of them, those issues ate up every single bit of time I had outside of a weekly afternoon meeting. Do the reading? Ha!

I am so done with this week. I really just want to crawl into a blanket fort and read and watch movies and maybe eat popcorn. I want it all the more acutely because I have these big projects, no energy or focus to work on them with, and no shortage of interruptions. And, of course trying to keep the boys on schedule is an uphill battle, because hey -- they're on vacation again! Right after being trapped in the house with no school for the Snowpacolypse! So we're basically never going to get them back in the rhythm of daily schooling! Or if we do, it'll be just in time for summer break!

And when their schedule is off, mine stands no chance of being on. I'm trying to get enough sleep and such, but... it's a lot. So... I'm going to take a brief shower, then try to do at least some writing on the Shadow Academy project, and then I'm going to bed. Wish me (retroactive) luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!