Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Blogging Challenge: Last Meal

For the last two years, I've been taking part in the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge over at Long and Short Reviews. The first link will take you to the list of topics; the second one goes to the homepage, where you can find a post with everyone's responses each week. Feel free to join in!

Today's prompt is "what my last meal would be" and honestly? If all goes as I hope, my death will come suddenly and as a complete surprise, so it'll just be "I dunno, whatever I ate before it happened."

But all right, if I know it's coming and I get to order something specific for the occasion, it's probably going to be a weird mix of things that hits some of my favorites: spicy stir fry and sushi with a side of bacon plus french fries and a cheeseburger. (Or thereabouts.) There's no way I'd be able to finish all that, but that's not the point, is it? Just one last taste of everything I really enjoy. 

Wow, that got depressing fast. 

So all right, last meal, rules are I can order anything and they have to deliver it? 

I'll take a potion of invulnerability, please.

9 comments:

  1. I didn't do the last meal thing cause it was such downer. I will take some sushi with a side of fries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it could be the last meal before some big life event, like getting married or leaving the country? I dunno.

      Delete
  2. A potion of invulnerability is a great answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to write this up as a scene, with the King asking irate questions and the Royal Executioner trying to explain why they can't execute the prisoner...

      Delete
    2. And that was exactly what I was thinking... clever answer!

      Delete
  3. Great answer... thanks for stopping by! And, I really want to read your executioner story... wonder if this week's words would fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand. I'd rather go quickly and with the theme, she was just here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thinking- I found it tough to choose between everything.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!