Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Challenge: Can't Wait

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt: Book, movie, or TV show you can't wait for

I'm having difficulty with this one, honestly, because here in the hellscape of 2022 I've pretty well lost track of what might be coming out and when. I preorder books that I'm looking forward to reading, and then they show up and I'm delightfully surprised at my good taste. Movies are very much catch-as-can. And despite my best efforts, I'm not much good at watching TV shows (though Beautiful Wife recently made me watch the first bit of Reacher, and since I know nothing about the books I'm really enjoying it). 

(But... I watch a new episode maybe every three or four days, when I have time or just lack the brain for anything else. I'm just not good at TV shows anymore.) 

I think the one I'm most looking forward right now is a book, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been written yet; the first one in the series just recently came out, and publishing is slow. It will be the second book in the Sons of Ymre series by Lilith Saintcrow, and I'm dying to see what became of the Younger Brother.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you like that book! And may things calm down for you soon. You and your family have been through so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't watched Reacher yet, I'll get to it in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not very good at TV shows either, anymore. They don't pull me in like they once did

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!