Thursday, January 3, 2013

The King of Cups

So we're sitting in the car at Sonic a couple of days ago, and I have ordered corndogs for the boys. In addition to the corn dogs, I have ordered two cups of water. (Firstborn actually asked for a cup of water, but that makes it a safe bet that Secondborn is going to want some, too. So, two cups.)

I hand the first cup back to Firstborn, who takes it. At six years old, he sits in a booster seat, which happens to have a pair of built-in cup-holders, one at each of the front corners. He pries open one of the cup-holders, and puts his cup in it.

"Firstborn," I say, "can you pull out the other cup-holder, and put Secondborn's cup in it?"

So he pries open the second holder, and accepts his brother's cup. Then, with everything in place, he proudly announces: "Ha-ha! I am the King of Cups, with my Cup-Throne!"

He's, um, he's kind of dramatic. I don't know where he gets it from, really. It's very mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!