Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The trouble with kids is that they're honest

I’m lying on the couch a few days ago, and Firstborn slams his head down on my post-giant-meal-of-Chinese-food belly, and I’m all like, “Hey! Don’t squish your daddy’s fat belly!”

And Firstborn says, “You don’t have a fat belly.”

And I’m all like, “Aww, how nice…” but then he keeps talking: “You have a ‘humongous’ belly. ‘Fat’ isn’t a nice word. It makes people feel bad. But ‘humongous’ is a good word.”

Yeah, great – thanks, kid!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That boy gets an A+ for vocabulary, but kind of loses it in the preserving the dignity of others. If he thinks your belly is humongous, I'd really hate to see what word he'd come up with for me. I shudder at the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are awesome aren't they! They never fail to tell you what you already know, but hope no one else notices. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!