Thursday, August 12, 2021

Duendewood vs Sol Povos 3: Final Decisions

The final wrap-up as recounted by our DM: 

Eight adventurers sat around a table in the back room of the Striking Asp, one of Styre’s more upscale inns. The tone at the table was serious, as they planned their next steps.

“So it’s settled,” Geddy said, “Tomorrow we kill the dragon. With all eight of us together, we should make short work of it.”

“We’ll see,” said Azrael in a low voice, steepling his hands. He’d already made the point that dragons who’d lived the better part of a millennium were epic and mind-bendingly powerful, but the fools in this room were confident in their abilities. Also, Alexej was somehow under the impression there was more treasure. Azrael didn’t bother telling him that he and Ruin had already taken the best stuff.

“After that,” Geddy continued, “it gets tricky. It seems we will need to split up. I propose we split into two groups of four.”

“A wise choice,” Tavros agreed, “as I have already explained, I must insist on leading the expedition to Dente Island. If the rumors of a titan are true, then I must meet him –“

“Or her,” Martini corrected.

“Yes, of course, the titan may be a female,” Tavros said.

Ruin stood up, “I will go with you.” He paused, then added, somewhat amicably, “Oh my enemy.”

Tavros smiled, “Of course. We will find this elf of yours as well.”

“I would like to try trip a titan,” Alexej said, “but we may not have time. Sacha is my friend, and my Capitaine! I must help him get Kroni out. I go to Vrist. Also, I have never tried Vrist food.”

Geddy nodded, “I’m inclined to go with Alexej, to see what we can do about exorcising this Kroni. Also, I must admit… the story of the Dark One intrigues me. Perhaps if I find out more about Kroni, I can add a few passages to my ballad.”

“You’re not going without me!” Leira blurted. “This Kroni is infesting my boyfriend, and I intend to put a stop to it!”

“I’ll go, too,” Martini said quietly. When they looked at her with surprise, she said, “I’d like to… study him.”

“Blech!” Azrael exclaimed, “Hard pass! If these are the options, I’m going with the dragon-man to Tooth Island, but leave me in the wagon when you go talk to the preppy elf. Sorry, Farta, I guess you won’t have me around to protect you.”

Martini rolled her eyes, “Try not to get stepped on!”

“Well,” Marshall drawled, putting his arms around Tavros and Ruin, “that darn well settles it. These here sheep will be in need of a shepherd. I’ll go with ‘em to make sure they don’t get into too much trouble.”

“Very well,” Geddy said, “we’ll depart tomorrow after slaying Er’wain –“

“IF we slay Er’wain,” Azrael interjected.

“Right, if we slay the dragon, we will depart for Vrist and Dente Island, respectively. In approximately one week’s time, we will rendezvous –“

“Back here,” Alexej exclaimed, “they have excellent pies!”

Marshall grinned, “Works for me!”

Azrael shook his head in disgust, “Mortal pleasures.”

“Errr, right, we’ll meet here, at the Striking Asp, to plan our next move. That should give Mylemus time to assemble his army of centaurs, and Lotan time to join them. Then we strike at Fanax and Kuldas Keep. Viva la revolution!”

“Viva la revolution!” Marshall hollered, standing to toast and sloshing his beer on Tavros in the process. Alexej jumped to his feet and joined the toast enthusiastically. Geddy and Martini gracefully added their cups, while Tavros wiped beer from his face and raised his glass to the others without needing to stand up. Ruin shrugged and joined his mug, and Leira downed her drink without toasting. Meanwhile, Azrael stared at them darkly and refused their silly toast, imagining how the next day they would all be slowly digesting in the belly of an ancient dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!