Friday, August 20, 2021

Burned Out

I finally crashed yesterday. I'd been trying to do it Tuesday night, but my body didn't cooperate -- possibly because I got a lot done at work and was still riding an adrenaline high. I could feel it coming, I just couldn't get ahead of it enough to make it happen overnight. 

No, instead I woke up Thursday morning to the realization that the CPAP machine had somehow gotten unplugged during the night, which meant that I hadn't been breathing as well or sleeping as deeply as I needed, and that I had nothing left. I got up, got Secondborn up, put food in front of him, and then fixed the CPAP machine. 

And then I sent an email to my boss and went back to sleep. And despite a couple of work-related interruptions, I slept until about 1:00. And it was good sleep, with lots of weird dreams and rapid eye movements. So I checked to make sure that nothing else was on fire, helped a couple of people who needed guidance with one thing or another, and other than that basically didn't do anything. I think I did maybe an hour of total work; the rest of the day was just me being useless. 

Well, I say that. I collected the boys, got them dinner, and walked the dog... because Beautiful Wife wasn't doing any better than I was. But she made it through her day, got home, and went to bed -- and honestly that's the best idea I've seen in years, so I'm going to go do the same. 

So here, have some Halestorm for the occasion:

And here, if you want something a little... lighter... Thomas Benjamin Wild Esq.:

1 comment:

  1. I hope things are improving for you today. ❤️❤️

    Sometimes, the best thing we can do for ourselves is . . . nothing. 😀

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!