Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Challenge: One Task

For the last two years, I've been taking part in the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge over at Long and Short Reviews. (The first link will take you to the list of topics; the second one goes to the homepage, where you can find a post with everyone's responses each week. Feel free to join in!)

This week's prompt is "one task I wish I never had to do again". 

And really, how do you narrow that down to just one?

Still, speaking as a parent... "clean up poop." I would like to never again have to clean up poop. Poopy diapers, poopy underwear, that one poor towel on the bathroom floor after The Cashew Incident with the dog... it never ends. The lizard's cage? Full of poop. Needs cleaning. Back when we still had cats? Soooo much poop. Small children who don't eat enough fiber? Poop. I don't think I can adequately describe the extent to which Being A Parent is completely entangled with Cleaning Up The Poop. It always comes back to the poop. 

And I'm tired of it. No more poop. If I could afford a professional poop-handler to deal with any and all poop that comes along, I'd hire one. If a genie could make it so that I never had to deal with poop again, that would be my wish. High-tech robotic poop cleaner and disposal unit? I'd put it on layaway, yesterday.

No more poop.

10 comments:

  1. That is a great answer!

    (I’ve been having trouble getting google comments to work, so let’s see if this goes through).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great answer. My kid is well past this stage but I have a dog, so its every day, twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you! With the cat, I fixed that with an automatic litter box (barring the times she's on antibiotics). Kids are out of the house and the husband does a pretty good job of keeping the poop where it belongs ;-)

    But yeah... anything bathroom related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It pleases me to think that there might be less of it someday...

      Delete
  4. The last paragraph would fit the topic for September 29th. Good answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, as the owner of two cats who like to make a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing that such small and fluffy creatures can produce so much poop!

      Delete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!