Monday, December 12, 2022

Housekeeping

So I woke up Saturday morning and started cleaning, a nightmarish process which included dragging a huge amount of mess out of Secondborn's room. This took me all the way through to Saturday evening, when I had a very enjoyable D&D game, and then continued on Sunday until about 5:00 when I ran completely out of spoons and went to the back to play video games instead. I have sorted laundry. I have run laundry. I have run dishes. I have pulled old dishes out of hidden corners of Secondborn's room. I have pulled actual food out of hidden corners of Secondborn's room. There was, in fact, an entire meltdown because despite the Very Explicit Rule prohibiting food in his room, I went back in on Sunday and found more food and promptly took his electronics away. 

Y'all, I am beat. I am ready to have a nice, relaxing weekend now... except the laundry pile still isn't gone. Turns out, though, that there's a laundromat with some industrial-grade (and industial-sized) washers and dryers, and they aren't that expensive. So anything that's still in the laundry pile at the start of next weekend is getting hauled out there and run in one giant load. 

Still... trying to clean the kitchen spawned a whole bunch of related housekeeping, so now the living room looks nice, the fridge is clean, Firstborn has actually dusted his room, and the Things Behind the Couch have been vanquished. Plus, everybody has socks and underpants for the week.

This weekend officially kicked my ass. Adulthood is fucking relentless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!