Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Challenge: Crafty Activities

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt:Your favorite crafty thing to do

This one is easy. Aside from writing? All right. Back in High School, in an effort to be one of the Lost Boys or at least look that cool, I made myself a patch jacket. (I really wanted to be one of the Lost Boys.) It was... maybe not entirely representative, but it was extremely earnest. 

And I still have it. 

A year or so back, I decided that I really needed to go in there and remove some of the more ill-considered choices and basically rework the whole thing. This was not the worst idea in the world, but after removing a single patch I decided that no, I should really leave that one alone -- as a tribute and reminder of my teenage self -- and just start another. 

 So here we are. It's still in early stages yet:

This is my favorite crafty activity. It's slow work, and I've managed to stab myself in the finger about two dozen times so far, but it's coming along nicely I think.

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! LOVE the choice of patches! Just found my BF’s jacket from the Navy, with patches of all of his trips/places he’s been. What a lovely fabric scrap book that the world-at-large can marvel at!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!