Monday, December 5, 2022

Busy and also tedious...

That was pretty much this weekend: busy, but also tedious. I got a little more work done on the patch jacket while watching Anna and the Apocalypse, and then Bullet Train. I got a lot done on the kitchen -- not enough, but a lot. Enough to feel like we're catching up, at least. And I got to play in a D&D game on Saturday night - a nice little one-shot in which we went treasure-hunting in a wrecked ship. That one was fun because it was much more problem-solving than most of the games I've played in recently. More D&D tonight, which will be fun; I expect we'll be trying to get a bunch of wizards out of the inn where they're currently under siege by demons. (The wizards themselves aren't really the issue; it's the students and servants and suchlike that are going to make this difficult.)

Not much progress on the writing project, but after this past week that's no great surprise. Hopefully I can get back to looking at that tomorrow. Rest and food and exercise, that's the key to it. Well, that and a spot of free time. 

Work is work, but I'm eligible for paid retirement starting in January. I couldn't actually retire on that, of course, but even so: it's amazing how much that knowledge takes the pressure off things. So... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!