Monday, March 7, 2022

Spring Break

So the boys are on their Spring Break, and I... honestly don't really have anything to say. I've been reading more than writing, and kind of enjoying that -- though I wish my brain would get back online sometime fairly soon. I am emphatically not on Spring Break, and have more than enough major projects coming up to need all the grey matter I have available. Still, I got some quiet time to myself and managed to get a solid night's sleep with a lot of rapid eye movements, and I'm feeling much the better for *that*. 

Some of the reading I did was on my old Pulp High Fantasy novel that I've been meaning to revise for years, and it's... honestly, not bad. Not perfect, but I did some worthwhile things in there. Might be worth throwing it up on Amazon and seeing how it does, though the dark and forgotten gods know how much I suck at self-promotion. 

I also fell down a rabbit hole trying to remember a song that we used to put on at a particular store where I worked during my brilliantly misspent youth. We'd do this for the sheer pleasure of watching people's expressions as they figured out that the elegant classical music they were listening to was actually Metallica's Master of Puppets, and that was why it sounded so familiar. Only I couldn't remember the name of the band, and YouTube is absolutely buried in Metallica covers. 

Fortunately, one of my Twitter friends came up with it: the band is Apocalyptica. Here's a YouTube playlist of their greatest hits: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!