Monday, March 21, 2022

Sure, yeah, new story...

So I was sitting at my desk in Ye Olde Writing Closet on Friday night, alternately reading The Kaiju Preservation Society and shitposting on Twitter, and wondering if I will -- at any point -- have enough brain and energy to get to work on my current writing project. I was also noting to myself (with a peculiar species of disgust that I suspect a great many would-be writers will recognize) that this has been my current writing project for well over a year, and while I've filled in a lot of things around the story I've barely done any writing of the story itself. (I keep stumbling over the opening, I think, but that's neither here nor there.)

And somewhere just a bit after bedtime, all of that sort of fell together in my head and I wrote out an opening scene for something that deals with a lot of the same concepts, but with a very different dynamic for the main character(s) and a completely different storyline. 

I cannot, at this moment, even begin to guess whether this is something worth pursuing, or just a momentary enthusiasm brought on by stress and exhaustion. No idea. Give me an entire week of getting full nights' sleeps, and I might have some perspective. 

In the meantime, I'm just going to run with it and see where it takes me.

I guess I should figure out some way to tag things related to this new project. So, at the risk of being a bit... obscure... I'll be putting them under the Long Shadows tag, which I've just added at the bottom of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!