Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Blogging Challenge: Lucky

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt: Something "lucky" that happened to you.

Y'all... that's my wife. 

"Send tweet," as the kids say these days. 

Thing is, I don't mean that I'm incredibly lucky to have her in my life -- though that, too, is true. No, I mean that the fact that we managed to connect and get married only happened because of an apparent coincidence of truly cosmic proportions. I did my best to tell the story and explain the absolute absurdity of the circumstances surrounding it here.

It was the kind of luck that feels like fate.

 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful story. Cool how you two ended up together. Yes, it does read like the kind of luck that feels like fate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this, then clicked over and read the story, and now I'm back to say that is a very involved, twisty turny way to play out what now seems like an inevitability! Maybe it was meant to be that way because you each needed to go off and have some experiences and learn some lessons so that when you met again you'd be ready. I'm a big believer that timing is as important as anything in relationships. I'm glad that it worked out despite all the ways in which it could have never happened!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very involved story with a happy ending I was very glad to read.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!