Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Real Work Conversations: Helpdesk Ticket

Boss: Did you get an email back from the helpdesk?

Me: Yes.

Boss: What did it say?

Me: I don't know.

Boss: You didn't read it?

Me: I tried to read it. The words are in English, but the sentence is in babbly-gook.

Boss: Babbly-gook?

Me: Babbly-gook. Apparently they want to know if we used this one particular version of one thing to do something to some other thing. I'm guessing we didn't.

Boss: Guessing.

Me: Well, it would be a better guess if I had any idea what they were talking about. Should I write them back and tell them that I recarbonated the fibrillation unit on the oscillation overthruster?

Boss: Oscillation... No, no you shouldn't.

Boss: Besides, it's been a few years. They probably wouldn't catch the reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!