Friday, May 18, 2012

Pimp my Art Friends 1: Robyn Seale

Visual art has been something of a theme in my life just recently. This isn't deliberate; it's just one of those funny little bits of synchronicity. But, since it has been prominent on my mental radar, I thought I'd take a moment and promote some of my artist friends. Some of these are people I've known in person for decades; others are Imaginary Friends (iFriends), people I only know through the Internet. All of them are awesome.

First up is Robyn Seale, whom I first encountered through her comic, The Watcher of Yaathagggu. She's also a writer, and has a story in the Future Lovecraft anthology. Since she shares my deep, strong love of Eldritch Horrors and fantastic settings, I was delighted to discover that she has started taking commissions. (Apparently this has something to do with being able to afford food? Anyway...) My current writing project (Afterworld) seemed like an excellent fit for her work, so I commissioned a portrait:


Do I really need to explain just how cool I think this is? I love the way it came out; I think it captures the character and the setting perfectly. So check out Robyn Seale's work, and if (like me) you have characters or scenes that you'd love to see, but you lack the skill to create them yourself, consider throwing 'em her way.

"Pimp my Art Friends" will be a semi-regular feature. Originally I was just going to put everybody together in a single post, but even if I had time to write that all at once - ha! - I don't think it would work as well. So, for the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting about artists that A) I know, and B) I think more people should know about. In between, I'll also be publishing the usual random anecdotes, commentaries, and rants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!