Thursday, March 29, 2012

Morality and Ecclesiology

This - this, right here - is exactly why I read Slacktivist. Insight, perspective, empathy, and the firm resolve to call people out when they are acting badly - and explain, in very clear terms, exactly why he thinks they're acting badly: these are things I admire.
But again, this is not the Catholic Church attacking the victims. Those victims, by definition, are the church. This is Dolan, Donohue and the bishops attacking the church.
Read the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. The Slacktivist is one of my favorite "pointing out the problems within organized religion" blogs. Reading it helped me cope when I was first left the Catholic Church.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!