Monday, December 12, 2011

Real Work Conversations: The Ultimate SF Movie Script

This is why I love my workplace. Well, one of the reasons.

So I'm walking down the hall, and I hear this:


Bob: "...be Highlander V. Or whatever. We could do this, we'd just need something..."

Sam: "Lightsabers."

Bob: "Yeah! No, too distinctive."

Sam: "Too copyrighted."

Me (stopping in the doorway): "Though I did once write a bit of fan fiction in which a Sith Lord was going around killing Jedi, harvesting their midichlorians, and injecting them into his own body. 'Cause after doing that for a while, there can be only one..."

Sam: "Yeah, way to mind-f*ck that childhood memory. Turns out The Force isn't some invisible energy field that surrounds us and binds us together. Turns out there are these little micro-organisms that live in your body, feeding off of you, and crapping Force into your body. And if you have enough of them, you can become a Jedi."

Bob: "And then the Umbrella Corporation got ahold of them."

Sam: "No."

Me: "No, I like this. They inject them into your body, and they give you psychic powers, except when you die you become a zombie and go out to devour the brains of Jedi. This could work."

Sam: "And they're real slow, but it doesn't matter because when you try to run they can Force-pull you back to them. Just-" (He demonstrates in pantomime.)

Bob: "We should find an RTVF Major to make this film."

Unfortunately, at that point I had to go, so I didn't get to hear how the rest of the conversation went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!