Monday, December 26, 2011

Notes from the Mad Science Lab: For Flavor

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have an announcement. You may want to make sure you are sitting down for this, as this is by far the most ambitious project I have ever undertaken. Is everybody ready?

Good.

Ladies and Gentlemen, for my next major project I propose to create something the world has never before experienced, something that despite decades of research and hundreds of attempts has never been accomplished. Ladies and Gentlemen, I will invent an artificial grape flavoring... that actually tastes like a grape!

Thank you, and good night.

5 comments:

  1. If I were you, I would expect a sternly worded letter from the all-powerful Grape Soda Lobby in the near future. Good luck and Godspeed in your quest all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're secretly running the Illuminati, aren't they? Oh, dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does taste like grape- overripe concord grapes taste exactly like grape flavor. It's just- no one actually eats concord grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like something from a philosophy class. If a grape has the same flavor as artificial grape flavoring but nobody eats it, does it taste the same?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What anonymous said is right. I've found Concord grapes only once in my life. I haven't seen them since. But, yes, they taste amazingly like the grape flavor we've all grown to love. I actually liked them. I miss them. I want them back. The only down side is that they contain seeds.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!