Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Um... yeah?

I was going to write something for today, I really was. And normally it would have been pretty easy -- D&D is usually on Monday nights, so I can just drop my notes into a post, clean it up when I get home, and let it go up Tuesday morning. Alas, not this week. This week we're playing on Tuesday, so the game notes won't go up until Friday. And I don't have any particular fictions prepared -- I've been working on the book-length project, and that's where my brain is. 

Plus, I just worked a nine-hour day, of the which probably seven hours were spent catching up on email after being out of town for a week. 

It was a good vacation, but I'm not going to talk about it right now; that seems too much like work. So does downloading the pictures I took of Firstborn on his first college tour. 

Sweet baby Jesus, I'm old.

No, the vacation was good and restful and I am not going to spend my energy on things I think I should be doing; I'm going to put in some time on the writing project (a priority) and maybe Duolingo (a long-overdue but lesser priority), and then I'm going to go to bed (a priority) and get up and exercise (a priority) before tomorrow turns into a raging inferno (an inevitability).

Take care of yourselves; take care of each other. It's rough out there, and its getting rougher. Don't lose hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!