Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Challenge: Mark Your Place

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt: Bookmark, scrap paper, or dog-ear?

At this point in my life, the answer is usually just, "Kindle." That said, when I am reading a paper book, I tend to mark my place with some kind of bookmark - frequently a card of some order. (I have an odd little collection of playing-card sized cards: some with art on them, some that came with other things like D&D figure sets, some remnants of card games that Secondborn opened and scattered in years past.) So, not usually purpose-built bookmarks as such, but not exactly scrap paper either.

7 comments:

  1. They sound like perfect little accidental bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use pretty much anything that's to hand when I need one - preference is definitely a bookmark, and I'm actually planning on buying some more at the weekend after payday. But I've used postcards, receipts, tickets.. anything other than dog-earing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the library book store I go to there a whole basket of bookmarks for the taking. Once I got a few bags full of books the person at the check out grab a bunch of bookmarks and stuff them inside on of my bags. That how I end up with free bookmarks.
    If I find a bookmark then I find pace of paper to place inside a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been know to use what’s around me…I was going through my books when I moved and found a Pokémon card from 1998 that I found on the floor…my oldest is 29, so YOU do the math! #teambookmark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kindle too, but I tend to use scrap paper. I've not owned a proper bookmark in years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Er... I've been known to dog ear, but only in my 'here take all my books' collection. Also read a few books so hard the binding broke 😅

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!