Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Challenge: Not Feeling Well

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt: What do you do when you're not feeling well?

Honestly, I'm a huge fan of sleep if I can manage it. Sleep makes everything better. Sleep keeps me from snapping at the people I care about, or embarrassing myself at work. And I am, by American standards, very fortunate in that I can afford to take time off when I'm genuinely ill. 

So the answer is that up to a point, I push through while trying not to infect other people -- working from home, putting off anything that isn't urgent -- and after that I just call it off, reassign responsibilities as I can, and sleep.

7 comments:

  1. Sleeping and staying home to getting other folks sick are great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of not getting other people sick!

      Delete
  2. Sleep is a great thing when you're sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So right you are, sleep is a cure all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have of my problems are traced to lack of sleep. -Echo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!