Monday, October 24, 2011

The Martians Are Coming

I have weird dreams. If you've been following this blog for any length of time, you know that. But last night's dreams were a bit unusual, even by my standards.

There was, basically, an attack by aliens. They were flying around blowing things up and burning down cities - very War of the Worlds. And I was traveling north, trying to get to some shelter or cache that I had - though what help that would, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure it wasn't stocked with plasma cannons or anything like that.

This went on for quite some time, which in some ways was the oddest part of the dream. I'd drive for a while (often going offroad in a rather vehicle-abusing fashion) and then find a place to hole up. Then I'd start moving again, often with spaceships overhead and cities being immolated around me. At least two of the places where I holed up contained people I knew, old friends of mine.

The dream didn't seem to be building to any particular narrative resolution (sometimes my dreams do). There was just running, and hiding, and more running, and more hiding. I suppose it could be a sort of metaphor for the last couple of weeks, but it might also have been, well, random.

So, what weirdness is plaguing your life just now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!