Friday, August 5, 2011

I cannot trust my little boy

For Secondborn, age 16 months:
I cannot trust my little boy.
I cannot trust him with a toy.
I cannot trust him up or down
In the car, around the town.

I cannot trust him on a stair.
I cannot trust him in the air.
I cannot trust him on a bed.
He might fall off onto his head.

I cannot trust him near the sink.
Who knows what he might try to drink?
I cannot trust him on the floor.
I cannot trust him near the door.

I have to chase him here and there.
I follow that boy everywhere.
He has no hint of self-restraint.
The things he does make me feel faint.

For Firstborn, who has suddenly (like, three days ago) acquired a morbid fear of darkness, being alone, and his parents ever actually getting anything done:
(NSFW - use headphones)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear ... Is this your inner monologue right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... Yeah, pretty much. Secondborn is a constantly impending disaster, and Firstborn is... well, actually, now we've got him going to sleep by himself again. Finally. But still...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!