Monday, January 30, 2023

Could be worse...

So my plan to get my sleep back on schedule and just generally get things together has not been a shining success. On the other hand, it hasn't been a complete failure; I'll take that. I might not be as together as I'd hoped, but this is still better. 

Except that I've hit that weirdly inevitable point where I start trying to get everything together, and that seems to magically cause other things to come apart. Secondborn has developed a kind of whooping, barking cough that, well, I really don't like; we're treating it, but it's affected his sleep schedule and thereby made mine more difficult. The school band had a concert on Saturday, which I'm pretty sure we could all have done without; but we got there, Secondborn acquitted himself honorably, and we had Olive Garden afterwards. 

Work is, well, work; I have a little time off scheduled, at least, but I'm also trying to work through the process of fixing a fairly significant security issue; this requires a weird mix of urgency and patience, since we're talking about a production system and I don't want to get all our users in an uproar. 

The weather has finally gotten chilly -- at least by Texas standards -- but doesn't look like it's set to go into any sort of catastrophic freeze. And if it does, well, I did a bit of shopping this weekend and made sure we were pretty well supplied. 

Writing has been hit and miss, but I feel like if I can get everything else settled out a bit, well... that will probably fix itself. And I do have some time off; hopefully I can spend it on the writing and the patch jacket. 

So yeah, at this point we're all pretty much slogging along as best we can. And this could all be a lot worse, as I keep reminding myself. Let's start the week off with a bit of music. I'll let you figure out which narrative voice matches mine...

1 comment:

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!