Friday, December 24, 2021

Booster Shot

Well, I did it. I went and got the booster shot at noon on Wednesday, knowing I'd have Thursday and Friday off to recover. And it went about exactly the way I expected: I crashed hard Wednesday night, woke up logy Thursday morning, and proceeded to spend the entire day playing Skyrim because hey, why not? I paused briefly to: 

  • Run Secondborn and Beautiful Wife over to the nearby donut shop, which does really excellent sausage-and-bacon pastries as well.
  • Afternoon grocery shopping run. 
  • Bake a frozen pizza because I didn't eat lunch and by 4:40 or so I was starving.
  • Pull the roasted potatoes out of the oven because Beautiful Wife was busy walking the dog. 

That was literally it. And honestly, aside from just being kind of dazed, the booster wasn't that bad. (And even that was probably only partly the booster's fault -- I haven't pulled a day of Nothing But Downtime like that in way too long, and I needed one.) I don't appear to be magnetic, nor do I have the power to manipulate metal with my mind. Bill Gates has not broadcast any orders into my brain. Nor am I shedding protein spikes, except in the vague sense of getting in the shower and washing off a bunch of dead skin cells along with the dirt and grime. I didn't even wake up as a gigantic cockroach. 

The whole thing was pretty anticlimactic, which is honestly about all I want out of a vaccine booster. Even my shoulder has quit being sore. 

And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go kill some more dragons. 'Tis the season, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!