Friday, July 29, 2016

End Of Summer Blahs And Reflections

Between the election, the weather (insanely hot with periodic afternoon/evening thunderstorms that don't cool everything down but do add plenty of humitidy to the heat), and the general time of year (getting ready for school to start, trying to finish up a bunch of projects that seem for various reasons to be stalled at work), well... Blah. I just haven't had much to say, or much energy to say it with. Writing projects? Phbphbphbphbphbpbt. Housework? Enough to keep us clothed and fed. Various other things that need to be taken care of? Yeah.

It just seems to be one of those seasons where everything falls behind, until it starts looking like it's going to take a superhuman effort just to get anything moving again -- and forget about ever catching up. There aren't enough hours in the day for that, and you wouldn't get anything done if there were.

I was posting about Black Lives Matter, but... Meh. What it comes down to is that I (still) think they're legitimately protesting a real injustice, while the person who prompted me to "dig deeper" thinks they're bad people out to cause trouble. Even if I had the emotional energy to pursue that, I think the effort would be wasted; I'm not going to change anybody's mind about this.

I had some fiction things I was going to write, but apparently I'm not up to that, either.

On top of everything else, we're due to head back to where my father grew up to put my mother's ashes in the ground in a couple of weeks. It'll be good to get out of town, and I like that area, but it's also a two-day drive -- plus there will be a lot of family, plus the burial. On some levels, I'm looking forward to it. On others, it just sounds busy and stressful.

At this point, what I really want to do is crawl into a hole for a little while. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen. I don't see any way it can.

So, um... have some Dessa? Sure. Have some Dessa:

2 comments:

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!