Friday, September 26, 2014

Firstborn does homework... HIS way.

So I'm checking over Firstborn's homework, to make sure he's actually, y'know, done it. It turns out to be just a single worksheet (he's eight, and in third grade, so the real avalanche o' homework hasn't hit yet). So I skim down it, making sure he's correctly identified the predicates in the sample sentences, and find there was only one that confused him. I have him correct that one, and then move on to the second half of the page. For this bit, he's given a set of prompts, and he's supposed to finish each sentence by adding a predicate. Only... well... I start reading them out loud:
The clucking chickens... explodid!
The baby goats... got poisened!
Barbara... is a witch.
All the elephants... went boom!
The zookeeper... lit explosive seeds.
The bears... hunted for black holes.
Those tigers... had hydregen bombs.
Many people... went to the town of silent hill.
A sleeping bat... exploded upside down.
The balloon man... flew out of the world.
Firstborn giggled as I read. I swear, I don't know where he gets this stuff. It's very mysterious.

Also, one of these days I'm going to have to write a story which includes the sentence, "Those tigers had hydrogen bombs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!