Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Vacation Adventures: Family Picture

Okay, one last one: on the way back into Sewanee from the valley, we stopped at The Giant Rock On The Side Of The Road. (I'm sure it has a proper name, but I have no idea what that might be.) On the highway side, it's maybe twelve feet high. On the far side, of course, it's a sixty foot cliff. The boys went up it immediately.

On the top, we found a couple of Harley-riding Good Ol' Boys, who'd come up from Alabama. (We may have interrupted them in mid-cannabis, but I'm not sure; I only caught the vaguest whiff of something.) They were kind enough to take a picture for us, so here's our family photo from the top of a sixty foot cliff looking out over the valley. I've run it through a filter for artistic effect.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Secondborn wasn't too thrilled about getting his picture taken.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!