Sunday, August 24, 2014

No Writing Progress

Bah. I'm now so thoroughly distracted from the story that I'm actually going to have to sit down and re-read everything I have so far, just in order to have any shot at continuing. (Two or three nights of solid, unbroken sleep would probably help, too.) Unfortunately, I've just finished wrestling the boys into their beds, Secondborn is sobbing loudly at the prospect of having to go to sleep, and I seriously doubt my concentration is sufficient to ignore him. Also, tomorrow morning Firstborn starts school again (so I may have pictures at some point) and my boss comes back from his conference, which means he'll want to spend an hour or so catching up on everything that he missed, and then leap into a flurry of new activities. (In his defense, at least one of those activities is a major software upgrade which we've been putting off for months now, while we waited for the software company to get something approximating a stable version of it out there.) My wife is currently in the back room, where she has spent the entire day; she's still getting her syllabi and other preparations ready for her first week of classes as a full-time professor, which starts tomorrow.

I am not looking forward to this week.

So here's the plan. I'm going to read. I'm going to attempt to write. And if that doesn't work, I'm going to set myself on fire and hit things with my buzz axe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!