Thursday, August 15, 2013

Celebrity Dreaming

I woke up this morning from one of the weirdest dreams I can remember.

I mean, why would I suddenly decide to take a trip to Japan. I speak Japanese with all the fluency and ease that I speak Romanian, Classical Greek, and Esperanto. In other words, I don't understand a word of it. But, you know, it was a dream, and by dream standards that's only a little weird.

This particular hotel, though... They didn't number the floors of the hotel. They used symbols instead: square, crescent, filled circle, star, triangle, empty circle... That was pretty weird. I mean, how are you supposed to figure out the sequence?

What really tipped it over into WTF territory, though, was the company. I mean, seriously: how on Earth did I end up on the same trip as Britney Spears and Kevin Federline? It's not like I know either of them. Britney, I can sort of understand. She was reasonably famous, and if my brain just randomly picked someone I'd heard a lot about, well, there you go. Not someone I'd heard about recently, but still someone with a slot in the back of my mental filing cabinet. Federline, on the other hand, is one of those people that... well, I really shouldn't even know he exists. I shouldn't be aware of him at all. Which means that the only reason for him to appear in my dream is by association with Britney - which is pretty much the only reason I know about him at all.

That said, neither of them did anything particularly odd or obnoxious in my dream; the bizarreness of the dream came entirely from the setting (big, peculiar hotel staffed by people whose language I don't speak at all) and from the fact that they were there at all. (In the dream, as in real life, I was not at all famous; so ending up on some sort of travel tour with a pair of famous people [or, well, one famous person and her ex-husband] struck me as odd even in the dream.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!