Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Upside of Parenting

I was told last Saturday night that I have, through my writings here and on Facebook, helped someone to make a Major Life Decision: specifically, he's decided that he shouldn't have kids. Apparently, between discussions of sanity-devouring disgustingness, outrageous expenses, and recurrent Not Sleeping, I may have given him the impression that kids are... well... a lot of work.

That... would be completely deliberate. Kids are a lot of work.

But, in the interest of fair and balanced reporting, I feel compelled to add kids are also a lot of fun. (No, really: the Secret Parenting Cabal requires me spend at least two hours a month talking about how joyous and uplifting it is to have children.) So, join us below the fold for The Rest Of The Story:


The boys share a ride at Chuck E. Cheese:


Secondborn tries out a new hat:

Firstborn standing in our driveway:

Firstborn in the cardboard playhouse at my parents' house:

So there you go: parenting. It's a joyous and uplifting experience, full of warmth and light and unending love. And poop. Lots and lots of poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!