Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Not what I wanted to hear, parenting edition

As of this evening, I have a new contender for the phrase that I least want to hear from a two-year-old:
"Mommy pee-pee noodles."
For those of you who do not speak the language of rambunctious small children, I offer the following translation:
"Pardon me, dear and honored mother, but it appears that while standing here naked following my evening bath, I have urinated onto the plate of noodles that you so kindly warmed and placed on the table in order to provide me with a bedtime snack. I am not disturbed by having done this, and only wish to bring it to your attention so that you can share my pride in this singular achievement."
He was, of course, extremely distraught when we inexplicably took his noodles away and dumped the whole thing in the trash. Fortunately, a slice of cheese was sufficient to mollify his outrage. Assuaging his hunger required a granola bar as well.

4 comments:

  1. There's a reason my hair is mostly white at the ripe old age of 42. And parenting is a large part of it (okay, along with genetics). I had to explain to my older son when he was about that age that the ice dispenser is not a toe-hold. It went downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::laughs:: Yeah, that sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful my son never did that. That is all I have to say. Now please excuse me while I toss my ramen noodles and find something less Noodle + Liquid to eat. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try a lump of cheese and a granola bar. Hey, it worked for Secondborn!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!