Thursday, July 26, 2012

Reflections on In-Laws

I tracked down Claire's parents. That was... harder than I expected, for several reasons.

First of all, they'd moved. I'm not sure why, and I really don't want to guess, but they weren't at their old address and they weren't at their old phone numbers. I wound up contacting them online, and asking them to call me; we finally got in touch through Skype.

We didn't talk long, and we didn't say much, but I'm flying up there tomorrow. It's frustrating, but I understand their concerns. Secrecy is always a concern for us, and I'm sure they want to see me in person so they can make sure this isn't some sort of trick.

With any luck, I'll have more to report next week.

Reflections of a Deranged Cultist is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual inlaws and/or ophidian humanoids is entirely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!