Monday, May 23, 2011

In a world of contests, one winner will emerge

Ladies, Gentlemen, and sundry sentients of all shapes and sizes, a clear winner has emerged in Movie Guy Voice contest:

In a world plagued with weeds, pestilence and varmints one woman undauntingly faces her foes to emerge victorious if not notorious!
THE WEEKEND WARRIOR PRINCESS
Starring D'Ma
Spending hours each Saturday mowing her own damn grass!


D'Ma, if you'll let me know the best way to send you your prize (e-mail and Facebook seem to be the simplest options), I'll speed it on its way. Drop me a line at michael mock {a} mockwriting-dot-com. (I assume you can translate that back into a real e-mail address; meanwhile, I blow raspberries at the spambots in the audience.)

I'm a little disappointed at the lack of responses - I know there are a lot of bright, funny people who read this blog - so if anyone has feedback or constructive criticism for how to make any future contests more appealing, feel free to comment. (Or, if Blogger dislikes you leaving comments, send an e-mail to the address above.)

Blogging will be light and random this week, but my busy season is almost over. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I can see edge of the forest up ahead...

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I intimidated the competition with my superior creative writing skills or if they took pity on my lack thereof. Either way I clearly ran off any competition.

    Tell you what: either hang onto your twenty bucks for the next contest(where maybe there will be fierce competition), or donate it to your favorite charity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure? 'Cause even if yours was the only entry, I did like it. So, you know, it's not too late to just declare victory and send the troops home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks, MM. But I can't take your money when there was no competition. I'd rather you used it to do something fun with your kiddos or buy The Beautiful Woman some flowers or something with it. That would make me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. D'Ma did run me off :) I read hers and thought "I've got nothing."

    But the idea of buying The Beautiful Woman some flowers sounds good to me!

    :hangs head in shame: I'll try harder next time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!