Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Challenge: My Favorite Food

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt: My favorite food

Oh, easy! It's definitely cheeseburgers. Unless it's omelettes. Or, um, Pad kee Mao? French fries? Loaded french fries? Stir fry? No, wait, maybe it's the Mozzarella sticks from that one place that rolls them in panko crumbs? No, it's definitely bulgogi. Or gyro meat with that rice and some tzatziki sauce, maybe a bit of kafta on the side.

Uh oh. 

I like to eat, y'all. I like a lot of different kinds of food. I like having a variety of different kinds of food.

But I guess, after careful consideration of how my grocery budget actually gets spent, there is a final winner. 

It's bacon.

All. The. Bacon.

Bacon by itself. Bacon crumbled onto cheesy fries. Bacon in cheeseburgers. Bacon in omelettes. Bacon mixed into macaroni and cheese. Bacon cooked as part of a stir fry. It's just such a wonderfully versatile food, and so, so yummy.

Bacon.

13 comments:

  1. Heh, nice!

    I like my bacon nice and crispy like that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, Michael, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you might like bacon. Could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've even heard of bacon in ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been buying a lot of precooked bacon lately to cut down on how long it takes to be able to eat it. Also...bulgogi...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually quite fond of pre-cooked bacon too, for exactly that reason.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for coming by yesterday... and how did I forget to list bacon on my post???? The crispier the better. Mmmm... now I'm hungry for bacon. And now I need to look up (and try) Pad kee Mao and bulgogi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm... bacon. I'd recommend trying bulgogi first; Pad Kee Mao can be a bit spicy.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Turkey bacon certainly has its place, but I'm a bit of a bacon purist and generally avoid it.

      Delete
  7. I agree on bacon. I love it first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!