Monday, October 24, 2022

Much-needed Weekend

This past weekend did not arrive a minute too soon, honestly. Fortunately, it did give me room to rest. And there was a lot of D&D: the game for Secondborn and his friends (and now one of those friends' dads) on Saturday morning; the game I'm playing in on Saturday evening; and another campaign that I'm playing in on Sunday evening (the one with Ruin, Tavros, and Durest). Halloween draws ever closer, and our yard is decorated with skeletal flamingos and zombie gnomes. I dyed my hair again, but not to anything exciting; the gray and silver were starting to show, and... um...

Okay so since I've been working from home I basically quit shaving. I now have a full (if not terribly thick) beard. And if I don't keep it dark, it starts looking like that horrible gray thing that occupies Ted Cruz's face, and if there's one I thing I don't want, it's to resemble Ted Cruz in any way. Blech. So on the one hand, I'm satisfying my curiosity about how I'd look with a beard; on the other hand... if it doesn't look better when it grows out a bit farther, it's definitely going away again. 

Got some basic housework done on Sunday -- dishes and laundry, mostly, but that's what needed the work. And a bit of writing Sunday afternoon, on the project that I'm weirdly still A) working on, and B) not stuck. Finding time and energy to work on it is a challenge, but the more I get sleep and exercise and decent food, the easier that gets. It'd be nice if the Universe would ease back and quit interrupting my schedule, but we do the best we can. 

My current craft project is putting together the Patch Jacket Mark II. Patch Jacket Mark I was something I did in High School, when I desperately wanted to be one of the Lost Boys. Patch Jacket Mark II is... well, I'd thought about reworking the original patch jacket, but un-sewing those patches would be a hell of a lot of work, and I kind of feel bad about it -- even if the rebel flag and the cannabis patch really aren't things I'm comfortable wearing anymore. (Nothing against weed, mind you, it's just that I essentially never partake.) So: a new jacket, and a new set of patches, and off we go. I'll probably post pictures as I go along on it. 

And that's pretty much where I'm at. How are the rest of you doing, gentle readers? Any major news you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!