Thursday, October 6, 2022

Missed Connection: Necklace

You were my owner's niece, up for a visit in the fall. I was the elaborate medallion on its silver chain on your uncle's dresser. You looked me over, picked me up. I could feel the potential in you, and the shiver as you realized it. But you set me back down.

Come back to upstate New York. Visit your uncle again. Claim me, and free me from his guardianship. Let us drown the world in fire and darkness and screaming. I know you felt how sweet it would be. 

Come back. I was made for this. You were, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!