Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Challenge: Fantasy Animal

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt: fantasy animal you wish was real

Okay, I'm cheating on this one a bit... but it's the middle of October, it's time to be spooky, and there is essentially no point in my life in which I haven't wanted to be some sort of werebeast. I tend to like feline conceptualizations more than canine (or stories in which the nature of the beast is intentionally vague; e.g. A.C. Delauncey's The Rouje Kith, which has serious If V.C. Andrews Wrote A Werebeast Book vibes), but I'm not too picky. 

Heck, if I were a werewolf I could be my own best friend. For that matter, one of my D&D characters is a were-raven, and he's awesome. Still, if anything out there is in the mood to grant wishes, I'd make a very fine were-cougar.

So yeah, I wish lycanthropes were real because I'd very much like to be one.

10 comments:

  1. Being a werewolf would be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure were the line was with a fantasy animal and something like a werewolve or vampire would be since they are humoniod in nature as well. But yes, I think it would be cool if lycantrhopes were real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, it's not like the Prompt Police will come for us if we don't follow the exact letter of the writing prompt.

      Delete
  3. I would like to turn in to a werebeast. That way I can turn into a cat and sleep all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems like it would be cheating and I adore it.

      Delete
  4. I love your post and also your reply to Kel about the prompt police! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all fun and games until someone breaks the Prompt Laws.

      Delete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!