Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Challenge: Library or Bookstore?

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt: using the library vs. buying books

I love libraries. I love them to death, and I do my best to support our local libraries. That said... I never know when I'm going to get around to reading something, or how long it's going to take. I read fairly quickly, but finding time for it is always a bit iffy. 

So as a general thing, I buy books. Mostly electronic books, at this point, which is not something I ever thought I'd say. Which means that my TBR pile is kaiju-sized monstrosity, but I seriously doubt I'm alone in that. But, it also means that I don't have to worry about forgetting to return something, or keeping someone else waiting while I'm finding time to finish something, or whether I can re-read something that I'm particularly in the mood for. 

I love libraries, but checking things out just feels like one more thing to keep track of, and I have too many of those already.

5 comments:

  1. That makes sense. You have a lot on your plate at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these blog hop posts!! I find that I read more when its electronic. I have my kindle linked to my cellphone. If I'm waiting somewhere I can read on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost always have my Kindle with me, for much the same reason!

      Delete
  3. It's true about not knowing how long it will take - I had a bad habit (and still do) of taking forever to read a book if I get busy.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!