Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Stuff and Stuff

Well, we're apparently a week out from Thanksgiving break, and I am not getting a lot accomplished. It's not for lack of things that need to be done, mind you. It's just that I've been trying to slow down and rest, and -- as frequently happens when I do that -- my body has responded by wanting to slow down even more and rest even more. Which is a good indicator that I needed to do this in the first place, and probably much earlier, if we're being honest here. 

So, yeah: not much progress on my current writing project; not much progress on writing stuff for the Blog o' Doom here; not much progress on the book I'm reading (a lovely little murder-mystery/romance called At First Meow). Things I actually have accomplished (mostly this past weekend, before I really started trying to slow down) included laundry, some general cleaning of the house, running the youth D&D game, getting dental work done, and keeping everyone (else) fed and on schedule.

Which, actually... no wonder I'm tired. 

It's not a complete waste -- I can feel bits of my sense of humor coming back online -- but I'm kind of glad we haven't had any major catastrophes (at home or at work) because I have no focus. 

Still... I have a test server that I need to go upgrade so that it breaks properly* which sounds pretty low-stress. I guess I'd better get started on that. 

*I can't get this upgrade to work, so I keep setting it back to its current iteration. So, I need to do the upgrade again, knowing that it won't work, so we can troubleshoot it when it's broken. This has taken literally months and I am heartily sick of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!