Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all

 I know how I'll be spending mine...


Some things I'm grateful for this year (because I think it's good to stop and look these over): 

  • Beautiful Wife. I mean, just in general, she's awesome, and she handles so much stuff. Yes, I'm still smitten, and I'm grateful for that, too. 
  • The Boys. Yes, they make us crazy sometimes, but they're also hilarious and interesting and fun. It's wonderful to watch them inch closer to adulthood and self-sufficiency. 
  • Books. While my reading has been a bit circumscribed for the last couple of years -- I haven't always had the mental and emotional bandwidth to deal with anything too challenging -- I've read a number of really good new books and re-read a number of old favorites, and this has been both pleasant and good for my mental health. 
  • Modern Medicine. This on several levels, from fixing my teeth right on up to breast cancer surgery. Also...
  • Vaccinations. Huge load off my mind, that was. I'm getting the booster as soon as I possibly can, too, and Secondborn has finally had his first shot. Get vaccinated if you possibly can, please. 
  • My D&D groups. I have three: two different campaigns that I play in, and one that I run for Firstborn and his friends. They're very different, but they're all good groups and I am grovelingly grateful to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!