Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Challenge: Favorite Halloween Treats



This is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge over at Long and Short Reviews. (The first link will take you to the list of topics; the second one goes to the homepage, where you can find a post with everyone's responses each week. Feel free to join in!)

This week's prompt is Favorite Halloween Treats, and that's a pretty easy call: anything with caramel or toffee. I don't have anywhere near the sweet tooth I had when I was young, but that'll do it for me. 

But that's my favorite sort of Halloween treat to eat. My favorite to give out, well... the photo above is from one year when I had a bowl of candy for the children, and another, different bowl for any adults who were accompanying them. You have never in your life seen so many grateful parents. 

This year, however, since I'll be allowing the kids to choose from a bowl while I stay a respectable distance back, I've come up with a different pair of choices. One bowl will have candy; the other bowl will have Halloween-themed rubber duckies. Tremble before my sense of whimsy, y'all.

4 comments:

  1. I like your idea of having an adult bowl for trick or treaters. When my kids were younger, though I loved going with them it would have been nice to have something for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love caramel, and love everything with caramel, especially caramel apples. And I agree, an adult bowl is an awesome idea. And rubber duckies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! Nice costume, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to be in the mood for caramel, but there are days when I love it. And I agree that an adult bowl is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!