Friday, October 8, 2021

At least it's Friday?

It's now been five weeks since the surgery, and Beautiful Wife continues to recover rapidly; at this point I'm less concerned that she'll tear something (or even strain something) and more worried about her overextending in terms of energy: she still wears out a lot faster than usual, which means she's frequently exhausted and taking a fair number of naps. (When she feels like she can; she's also back to teaching, which, ngggrrrrrrg.)

Meanwhile I'm exhausted from trying to keep the household running and clean, and keep everybody fed and on schedule. (And I still don't know how we'd have survived this without those gift cards - thanks again, guys!) Plus, work keeps dumping new, large, important projects on me and I'm seriously behind on like six of them. Frankly, I don't get paid enough for this.

On the plus side, what with the labor shortage and all this seems like a very good time to be looking for work elsewhere... Not that I really have time for a job search, but it's sort of thing that's worth making time for.  

Adulthood is relentless.

With that... let's have some music. How about Within Temptation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!