Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Challenge: What I Do to Recharge

For the last two years, I've been taking part in the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge over at Long and Short Reviews. (The first link will take you to the list of topics; the second one goes to the homepage, where you can find a post with everyone's responses each week. Feel free to join in!)

This week's prompt is "what I do to recharge". 

Thinking over this past weekend, I have to start by saying that it depends somewhat on what exactly I'm recharging from. I got home after Beautiful Wife's surgery and spent basically the entire next day playing a video game (in between various wife-care activities). Recharging from, say, a busy day at work or a lot of social interactions usually involves reading a book, or watching a movie... or playing D&D. Sometimes it's just futzing around on Twitter. D&D aside, it nearly always involves getting some time alone. 

In extreme cases, getting out of town and into some more outdoorsy, natural setting is what does it. Give me a complete change of scenery, a lot of trees and maybe some cliffs or boulders to climb on, and I am renewed. (I'm never quite myself in cities. I love them, I live in one, but... I'm more myself when I'm out of them.) 

The final element, of course, is sleep. I tend to push myself hard, and then collapse; getting a huge amount of sleep definitely recharges me. (Getting a decent amount of sleep on a regular basis is generally a better strategy, but apparently I am absolutely no good at that.) How about you? What do you do to recharge?

4 comments:

  1. I hope your wife’s recovery is going well!

    And, yeah, sleep is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does depend on what one is recharging from. The more the stress, the more time needed to recharge. Best wishes for your wife's rapid recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for your wife’s speedy recovery. I’m a work till you drop sort too. Sleep is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for your wife's recovery. Sleep is important - sadly I'm not very good at it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!