Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Challenge: Time Capsule

For the last two years, I've been taking part in the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge over at Long and Short Reviews. (The first link will take you to the list of topics; the second one goes to the homepage, where you can find a post with everyone's responses each week. Feel free to join in!)

This week's prompt is "books to include in a time capsule and why". 

Top of my head: War for the Oaks (Emma Bull). Why? Well, it's honestly a little dated already, but it's just such a quintessentially eighties book, and very much a product of Minneapolis/St. Paul. It's also, as far as I can tell, more or less the origin of the Urban Fantasy genre. Plus, y'know, it's just fun

I'll come back and edit if I think of some more must-adds.

5 comments:

  1. Never heard of this book. If it started urban fantasy, I'm going to have to take a look. My TBR pile grew from this week's blog hop topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Shari...it's a new one for me. Thanks for mentioning it... I love urban fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve added War for the Oaks to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t heard of this one! I have to find it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one - must remedy that.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!