Sunday, November 27, 2011

National Novel Writing Month

Here's why I don't participate in NaNoWriMo. I just went back to work on one of my projects. It's a book-length idea. Probably the first in a series, actually. (I've talked about it before - it's the "other project" mentioned in this post.)

I have eight pages done. So, y'know, so far, so good. Especially since I started writing it towards the end of October...

...2009.

No, that's not depressing AT ALL.

But you know what? I'm not going to sit here and tell you why it takes absolutely bloody forever to get any writing projects done. Instead, I'm going to take the time I have now, and see if I can at least fill page nine.

So what about you? Working on anything for NaNoWriMo? Got any other projects - writing, artistic, crafty - that you'd like to talk about? Comments are open.

4 comments:

  1. Every November, I think, "I really want to try to write a novel for NaNoWriMon.... next year." When I was in high school, I really wanted to be an author, and I loved writing stories. I have a lot of respect for those of you that are making it happen. Maybe I'll be there with you some day.

    So, I knit. I asked my step-daughter if she would like me to knit anything for her, and she said gloves. I said, fingerless gloves? And she said, no real gloves with fingers. And I said, maybe mittens? And she said, no, she'd prefer gloves. Fingers are pain to knit. I told my knitting friends about this plan, and they said, didn't you swear never to knit gloves again because the fingers were such a pain?

    Anyway, I'm knitting her gloves for Christmas. Lavender with faux-fur cuffs. Four fingers down, six to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always ask for the hard stuff, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed to finish my first draft of 'Solving Chess.' Now I guess I take a couple weeks off from that to do other stuff, and then go back for the second draft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Good for you.

    Frankly, the idea of working through a second draft intimidates me. But at the moment I need to finish a first draft - sadly, that seems to be a prerequisite for working on a second draft.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!