Thursday, March 11, 2010

More strange dreams

This morning my allergies woke me up at about three-thirty. Given that I went to bed as soon as Firstborn started snoring, this was a decent amount of sleep. However, I've been trying to get enough sleep to stay health, so I didn't just crawl out of bed. I found some tissues and a cough drop, and tried to go back to sleep.

This actually worked, in the sense that I did manage to fall asleep again.

Now, under the circumstances, I might hope to at least have pleasant dreams: something featuring Natalie Imbruglia and myself at a scenic mountain resort, perhaps. Instead, I get an extremely creepy sequence where Firstborn was a zombie and gnawing on my hand, followed by another sequence where an old acquaintance from college dropped in unannounced, and expected us to offer her a place to stay. Is this really the best my brain can come up with? Is an indiscreet moment with Drew Barrymore on a desert island too much to ask for? If Ms. Barrymore was already booked, I'd have settled for a chance to explore the island...

To quote Charlie Brown, "It just isn't fair!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!