Friday, August 11, 2023

Return and Collapse

So I've been away at a software conference all week, which has been both educational and stressful. Naturally, we've had some ongoing issues with another piece of software while I was away, and also school started, and also I missed the tour of our new office space. I'm sure it's possible for that conference to have been scheduled for a more inconvenient time, but it's difficult to see how. 

Nevertheless: a lot of good information, several things to follow up on (in my copious free time), and a relatively trouble-free bit of travel to and from. I even managed to participate in the weekly D&D game; the Internet is truly a thing of beauty. 

Today, of course, I'm exhausted and not good for much of anything. I have a work project that I need to look at again, but I think it's going to have to wait until next week; I don't have the brain for it right now. 

Meanwhile I'm reading L.J. Smith's The Forbidden Game trilogy, which I can best describe as a YA horror take on Jumanji with hints of Labyrinth here and there. It's amazing, not only for the writing and characterization but also for the sheer amount of fucked-up shit that the story just leans into. These books go hard, as the kids say these days. (I think. Maybe. I don't actually know what the kids say these days.) Anyway, would definitely recommend if YA horror is your thing.

How are the rest of you holding up, Dear Readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!